Social media is not the next big thing anymore. It already is the biggest thing. I am not just talking about the advantages it provides through socialization but from the perspectives of endless possibilities it generates for business owners by providing them with a way to engage and interact with their audience. They can market and sell their product from long distances by using a network of wirelessly connected people.
So being specific, the summary is that every social media platform has its own speciality of connecting people. Some provide a platform for discussions and trolling while some provide a way to share small details of life through streaks. Instagram’s whole business is based on being the best in providing a way to share media(especially photos). It is a place that combines stunning photographers, actors and businesses and helps the audience interact with them without any fuss.
So keep in mind that Instagram’s strong game is attraction through media and this is something you shouldn’t miss out on whether you are a normal private person, an influencer or a business owner.
In this article, I will teach you to create a stunning Instagram carousel to attract viewers to whatever you are flexing. A carousel is one of the most engaging ways to interact online. Having the pleasure to slide through pictures to grasp the whole context is not only creative but also pleasing to the viewer. Instagram carousel posts are one of the most engaging formats on social media right now.
Research teams find that, on average, the carousel posts get 1.4x more reach and 3.1x more engagement than regular posts on Instagram.
What is an Instagram carousel post?
An Instagram carousel is a post with multiple photos or videos that can be viewed by swiping or clicking left. Up to 10 images or videos can be used to create a carousel.
What’s different and unique about a carousel is to split one single picture into several parts and post them in a carousel. Viewers will have to swipe left to see the whole picture.
This whole experience of scrolling should be so seamless that users feel a sense of completion and gratification after swiping through! This is what makes an Instagram carousel stunning.
Size of Instagram Carousel
Instagram offers users to upload media in several sizes e.g landscape, square and portrait frames but remember that all media in a carousel should have one linear frame size to ensure seamlessness.
Instagram carousel sizes:
- 1080 x 1350 pixels for Portrait
- 1080 x 1080 pixels for Square
- 1080 x 566 pixels for Landscape
- Aspect ratio: landscape (1.91:1), square (1:1), vertical (4:5)
Planning your Instagram Carousel
To create an Instagram carousel, you must first know the purpose of it. The whole point of a carousel is to narrate one single story in a creative way. There are two typical ways to do it.
- Using relevant pictures and videos to narrate a complete story using different media.
- Splitting on a single image into several seamless parts.
Using Relevant Media
- Click on the Instagram app to open it.
- Click on the “+” button from the Instagram app to post media. This will show you media from your phone’s gallery.
- Select the ‘multiple’ button from the app and select all the media you want to upload in the same order as you want it uploaded in the post. Note that you can upload up to 10 media files(photos and videos).
- After selecting the media, click on the arrow on the top left of your screen to proceed to the post section.
- Add your desired caption and tag in location or people according to your liking and rearrange the order of all the media if you want to.
- You can also edit your media using the tools that Instagram provides for photos and videos.
- After you are done, click the post button and you are all done!
- Let your audience enjoy the stunning carousel.
- To use this carousel, you first have to get your hands on a tool that will help you split your image into an interesting carousel because let’s face it, manually cropping your image into equal parts is nearly an impossible task.
- So get your hands on a tool such as Cutout Pro. You can easily split your photo using a grid or whatever way you feel easy with.
- Split and save your individual photos.
- Open the Instagram app.
- Head to the upload post section in the app.
- Select the split photos in the same order as you want them to be.
- Now click next and head on towards the editing section. Here you can make adjustments in your photo by applying filters etc.
- After you are done editing the carousel, write a stunning caption and use relevant tags and location.
- Click upload and you are done!
You have successfully made a carousel for your Instagram. Now let your viewers enjoy the seamless carousel.
PRO TIP WHILE USING INSTAGRAM CAROUSEL
The most important thing while creating a carousel is creativity and the story behind it. Your carousel must not only be aesthetically pleasing (very important) but also should tell a whole story. The viewer must feel tempted to swipe left to see more and feel a sense of completion in the end. There is no reason you should miss out on it!
So good luck with your Instagram Carousel and don’t forget to have a great day! 🙂