The customization market grows stronger every day. From personalized marketing strategies to selling personalized products, people love to feel special and receive something unique that speaks directly to them.
If you have an online business, you surely have tried different personalized marketing techniques already, the positive results are in plain sight. According to Mc Kinsey, personalization matters more than ever: 71% of customers expect to receive personalized interactions, while 76% get frustrated if this doesn’t happen.
But as we know, personalization comes in many shapes, and today we want to focus on one specific branch of personalization: the customization of the products themselves.
Thanks to the partnership of key technologies in the e-commerce world, you could be starting your own personalization business or growing your current one faster and easier than you think.
So, if you sell personalized products online or are thinking about it, make sure you read till the end of this guide to learn everything you need to know to sell the most original and trending products.
Why should I sell personalized products?
We named it before, the trend is bigger every day and personalized gifts have become super popular.
Not only that but by offering customized products you can gain many benefits:
- Increase your customer engagement and loyalty: offer your customers a fun online shopping experience where they can personalize and see a live preview of their product and they will surely end up buying it and coming for more.
- Increase your conversion rates: keep them engaged on your website, and after they spent some time creating their own products they will most likely finish the purchase.
- It allows you to increase the price of your product, and therefore make more profit for every item sold: a personalized product has a higher perceived value than a regular product with no personalization at all.
- An overall increase in sales and growth of your business: for all the reasons mentioned above and more! If you’re interested in this topic, don’t miss this article!
How do I sell personalized products in the most efficient way?
If you want to sell customized products in your e-commerce store, you must get it done right. Many stores decide to go for the easy way, and just add a couple of fields on their product page where the customer can complete the personalization details.
For example, if you sell mugs with a quote, the customers would write down the phrase they want to use on the mug on a text box before or after purchasing it.
This means a back and forth between the designer and the customer, which takes time and does not always end in good port. Sometimes what the customer receives is not what he/she had in mind.
That’s why, if you want to have a personalization business and be successful, you must use an app for product customization that helps you automate your processes and offer the best online shopping experience possible for your customers.
One of the best product personalizer apps you can find is Customily. With Customily you can create from basic to the most complex personalized products and offer a live preview to your customers, so they can always see live what they will receive before purchasing. Customily also offers ready-to-print files in different formats, so after the purchase is done, you can download a production file with all the details, ready to take to fulfillment. No more manual work is needed! You can also connect with your favorite print-on-demand supplier if they do your fulfillment, and send the production files directly to them.
What’s great about Customily is that it can be integrated into any e-commerce platform. From the popular ones like Shopify or WooCommerce, to marketplaces like Etsy, or even a custom one. It doesn’t matter where you have your online store, Customily will integrate with it so you can add awesome personalization options to your products.
How can I differentiate from my competitors?
So, you already know why selling personalized products is a great idea and how is the smart way to do it. But, of course, you’re not the first person who got here. Personalization is a trend, and there are many stores that are jumping into this wave, so how can you differentiate from your competitors?
One of the best tips we always give to our customers is: try to differentiate, don’t do the same thing as the neighbor next door. Most people sell custom products online with texts, an image, or clipart. T-shirts, mugs, tumblers, pillows, you see them everywhere.
You could offer those, of course, but why not try to create something original that makes you stand out from the competition?
Take advantage of the different (and awesome!) technologies available today to think out of the box and create unique products. And, as you can imagine, we’re a step forward and already developed an amazing partnership that will make your life so much easier: Cutout.Pro & Customily is here.
With the help of Customily and Cutout.Pro you will have everything you need to create and sell unique and original products in just one place.
Cutout.Pro offers an amazing technology that removes the background of any photo, with superb quality and stunning edge details. Also, their technology includes the best face cutout system you can find, with face and hair segmentation for adults, kids, and pets.
You see where we’re heading right? You can now mix Customily’s powerful design studio with Cutout.Pro technology to create awesome designs for your products! Believe us, it will blow your mind.
Let’s see some examples of the designs you could sell using this technology! You can try them live in Customily’s Demo Store! Upload the photos that you want and see what the products would look like!
- Together since… – Custom couple photo mug
- Home Alone Custom Movie Poster
- Personalized Selfie Santa Wrapping Paper
If you’re ready to dive right into it, you only need to follow some simple steps:
- Login to your Customily account! (if you’re not using Customily yet, you can easily do it by clicking here for Shopify stores (you’ll get a 9-day FREE trial!) and you can request your free demo here if you have another e-commerce platform).
- Start creating your first template and add an image placeholder to it.
- Scroll down to Image Behavior and find the option to use Cutout.Pro, you can choose to use remove background or face cutout with their technology.
- Choose the promotion that you want to use 🎁 (yes!! we have 2 available promos for new users!!)
- Click on it, and create your account with Cutout.Pro ✨
- Get your API Key from your Dashboard on Cutout.Pro
- Insert the API key in Customily’s Design Studio, right were the promotion buttons were before.
- Finish the design of your product and publish it in your store!
- Start selling! 🚀
Today you learned why selling customized products is a good idea, which is the best way to do it, and how to use Cutout.Pro + Customily to create original products that will help you stand out from your competitors. We hope you can apply it to your stores soon and it helps your business grow!
If you have more doubts regarding any of the content of this article, don’t hesitate to leave a comment below, we’d love to help you!