Rules for U.S. Passport Photo
American citizens should bring two identical photos when they apply for a U.S. passport. The following minimum requirements must be met or your application will not be processed. Please see the paragraphs below for more details.
- The photographs must not be older than six months
- The photographs must measure 2×2″ (5×5 cm)
- The photographs of the applicant’s head must be between 1″ to 1 3/8″ (2.5 to 3.5 cm) when measured vertically
Position yourself right in the middle
Face the camera directly, with both ears visible.
The photographs must have a white background
Avoid dramatic expressions and gestures.
No Blurry Photo
Same rules for children.
What’s the easiest way to make U.S. passport photo?
Nowadays, you can fully utilize technology to do things faster and easier. There is a tool powered by artificial intelligence ( AI ) to make passport photos in a second. Let me show you step by step.
First, take a picture at home.
Take a picture at home or anywhere as long as you follow the rules I mentioned above for a U.S. passport photo. You can google rules for other countries as well or simply take a picture first.
Second, upload your portrait image to Cutout.pro Passport Photo Maker.
Once it’s uploaded, the original background will be replaced with white background as required and generates many sizes of passport photos for different countries.
Third, download the result to use its electronic version or print it.
You can edit further if you need different color background or change suit, or just simply download.
It requires 2 credits only. You can buy the minimum amount of 3 credits for only $2.99, which saves both money and time than going to a physical photography studio.
You can download it as JPG or PNG. If you have a printer at home, you can even print your own passport photo without leaving home. Isn’t that super easy and hassle-free?
Plus, you can register on this website and share it with your friend on social media to get free credits.
Go to My Dashboard and find Invitation Code, and once your friend registers, you can totally enjoy this amazing tool for a trial.
They also have API available for developers and for business solutions.
- How to turn celebrity portraits into cartoon avatar by this amazing tool.
- How to use color correction in photos to create amazing result.
- Metaverse 101: what is it and how can we use it for a better future?
- 5 occasions to use a big head cutout for an amazing effect.
- How to use images with transparent PNG backgrounds in 3 magical ways?